Friday, November 9, 2012

And On A Happier Note...

There has been knitting!!!!!!

The green sweater is progressing,
and I have just finished the THIRD ball of fingering-weight yarn for it.   I have not yet looked up how many balls of yarn I'll use (I did when I ordered it--thank heavens), because I think at this stage it would just depress me.  But I love this sweater!  The pattern is interesting but not difficult (yet), and I'm still just immensely proud of myself for finally starting this sweater.  I just hope the feeling lasts for the next year, so I can get it finally finished. 

For knitting-while-reading, I have another sock:
 the beaded scarf got several more rows:
 and the new sweater has a front AND back,
and I'm doing the sleeve shaping already.  It's another cowl neck sweater because 1. I love that sweater and wear it a lot, 2. It's fast and I'd like some instant gratification, and 3. the pattern I intended to make with this ribbon stuff was designed for ribbon stuff 2 sizes smaller than this, which I had failed to notice when adding it to my queue.  (And all of this was even BEFORE the pain pills, so I can't even blame them)  I'm going to do the cowl neck slightly different this time--probably just straight rows rather than the short rows to make the front bigger.  I am sure it's just me, but every time I wear the other one, the front reminds me slightly of a bib--possibly because I keep spilling food on it, but a design change sounds good anyway. 

And my new yarn for the ornaments arrived!  I opened up the box, basked in its existence, then closed it back up for January.  I think if I'm going to make it an entire year without buying anything new, it might help to stretch out the last new thing I got for as long as possible.  If I get really desperate, I might have Andy wrap it up in smaller boxes and occasionally leave them on the doorstep.  Or maybe inside--our neighbors did take some squash I set outside to cure in the sun, so I may not want to trust them with yarn...........

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

You amaze me with your knitting speed and dedication. Hope you back is feeling better, how is your Dad doing?
Meredith

Gaidig said...

Wow that's s ton of knitting. Great job.

Also, squash stealing neighbors, WTF?