Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ah...........

Just as I was starting to enjoy NOT being flooded with election emails, the Black Friday ones begin.  Why yes, after the one day a year truly dedicated to stopping and appreciating everything in our lives, getting up at 4:00 AM to trample others to buy myself cheap electronics made by people in foreign countries who cannot possibly be earning a liveable wage and which I don't need REALLY is how I would like to kick-off the season of giving and good will toward all.  On what other day of the year can we completely trash the meaning of TWO holidays simultaneously?

3 comments:

Sava said...

I feel your frustration! I have never participated in Black Friday.

Partially because I'd rather be alive, instead of trampled to death, but also because the entire attitude of the event seems to be about greed and money.

I don't need to wrestle another person and survive a stampede to get a meaningful Christmas gift.

Toni said...

Especially when one can knit instead!

Gaidig said...

"On what other day of the year can we completely trash the meaning of TWO holidays simultaneously?" I think I'll be using that, if you don't mind. :)