Friday, October 19, 2012

When Valium Strikes a Knitter

*  On Ravelry yesterday, someone suggested making 2013 the Year of Starmore knitting.  This actually struck me as a good idea

*  It occurred to me that it might be fun to write a knitting sequel to Kafka's Metamorphoses where Gregor wakes up to find he has been turned into a moth.  His family is initially okay with keeping him--until he starts eating their sweaters.  Then they squash the daylights out of him and get on with life.

*  Theo is starting to look at me as if I sleep too much during the day

*  The new Knitpicks catalog wasn't even remotely interesting

*  The idea of casting on a sock using size 1 needles when I'm trying desperately to knit up yarn as fast as possible seems to have merit

*  I am considering a 3-month spending ban on my personal account.  This going in to Christmas...........

*  And, most importantly, it's after 2:00 in the afternoon and I haven't done a single thing that my physical therapist would have described as "over-doing it."

2 comments:

Book Dragon said...

Is it strange that it's the last one that worries me?

Ilix said...

A year of Starmore would end with only one sweater knit..... all year.