Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Spending Ban Begins Wednesday!

One thing I've learned about myself:  I could be VERY dangerous given enough time to get ready for a "ban" on anything.  Before starting my very first year of Cold Sheeping, I had a last minute order "in case" I ran out of yarn:
There was a pink yarn in there as well, so my "getting ready" involved yarn for FOUR sweaters.  (Though in all fairness, the pink sweater is now my ratty wear-around-the-house sweater, the cream yarn is my favorite wool cardi, and the turquoise is my favorite spring sweater, so at least I shop well under duress). I was thinking of starting my ban on December 1, but that would give me an entire month to get myself into trouble with "preparation," so November 1 it is!

I just placed the Knitpicks order after removing more yarn from it.  I feel pretty good about it--I removed some colors that I thought could be nice and just went with what I am likely to do next year.  No lace weight, no sock yarn--just the ornament yarn.  And now I'm done.   The only thing that might become a problem is white machine embroidery thread because several of the ornaments I want to make next year are stand-alone lace ornaments and they are thread-hogs, but I have other colors as well and if I truly run out of that particular embroidery thread before November 1 of next year, I might make an exception.  Maybe.  I could grab another couple spools before Wednesday, but that would mean breathing in fabric fumes when I am about to embark on a year-long spending ban and I just don't think the end results would be pretty........

2 comments:

bentley said...

Oh, the sweet perfume of the fabric store! One of my favorite things to do to raise my spirits is to visit a fabric store. I touch, I sniff, I feel better. These days, in my location, there is not much temptation to buy. It's a win-win for those days.

Ilix said...

Go! Toni!!!
You can do it!
Inspire us!