Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I've Had Better Weeks

Wednesday's physical therapy appointment was a bit too much for my back, and then we tried a different sort of end treatment rather than the usual e-stim massage that I can NOW say really helps after treatment.  By Thursday, my back muscles had started spasming, which put me back on full-strength pain medication, round-the-clock doses of valium, which basically knocked me flat for most of the weekend.  Because valium is addictive, Sunday I decided to give the other muscle-relaxer they gave me a shot.  I'd stopped using it because it made me nauseous, but that was after a few days, so I thought one day wouldn't hurt.

Some days I amaze myself with how very wrong I can be. 

Did you know that a drug can leave you nauseous for 24 hours after the dose supposedly runs out?  Yesterday I spent most of the day laying perfectly flat because any movement at all made everything worse.  After a while, I didn't even have the will to knit.  Yes, you read that correctly--I didn't even want to knit.  Needless to say, Andy and Theo were quite worried. 

Thank heavens I woke up this morning feeling weak but better, and I am happy to report that there has been no long-term damage to my knitting obsession.  And so far my back feels pretty good--that was one way to get it some rest. 

No comments: