Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mad Dash - 350 Yards Already

Actually, since there were size 11 needles involved AND double-stranding, it's rather sad that it took so long to finish, but in my defense, there WAS come major canning happening today.  At any rate, this: 

has now become this:
 which will look a whole lot more like a hat for a human once it has been felted, but it used up lots of odd ends of yarn.  From past experience, I know the hat takes about 350 yards of yarn, which is the good part.  The bad part is that the dark red--which is now completely gone--seems to have never been on Ravelry in the first place, so I didn't a stash decrease on Ravelry, but I did in person, so I guess that works.  And there were 5 partial skeins of black wool that are now gone, so my stash feels tidier.  I just wish it worked like that for the rest of the house...........

3 comments:

Mereknits said...

Who cares about the house when you are yarn de-stashing. Really something has to give and it certainly can't be your knitting.
Great hat!
Hugs,
Meredith

RobinH said...

Oh, I know exactly what you mean about using up all those little partial skeins! And I look forward to the post-felting pic- I bet it will be super warm and attractive.

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

I'm with Mereknits and RobinH. House cleaning most certainly will still be there tomorrow, but you don't want those partial skeins lounging around any longer than necessary!
Knit on!