Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Closing In!

The seventh embroidered towel for the year is in progress:
and now that I have THREE completed "12s," I'm starting to feel like this might really be doable.  Of course, it feels very weird to have my cross-stitch goal achieved before the machine embroidery one--but then again, it feels weird to even have a cross-stitch goal.  Normally, I think my goals would generally involve staying AWAY from such a slow hobby.  It's not that there's anything wrong with cross-stitch, it just doesn't really work as a hobby for me because I'm always thinking of the next project, which is hard enough with knitting as this sort of foolishly-forward thinking has generated a 10-year stash of knitting.  As the cross-stitch is going to take AT LEAST 10 more years to finish--and probably much longer--my desire to look at the next cross-stitch project would simply do me in.  One more of these babies and I'll have a lifetime supply of them.  I probably do already, to be honest, so what could I think about to do next?  I'd probably implode.

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

Toni, I am sure you are recovering like any good athlete, love the towel and your interview. Are your plans now for Dancing with the Stars like Ryan Loche? After all you did better medal-wise than he did.
Meredith

RobinH said...

Whoo-hoo! You're making excellent progress against your goals!