ta-da! A dress which is not overly well done, has huge problems where the trim and the zipper coincide, and won't be able to be worn for at least another 3 months without hypothermia. But a Finished Project is a finished project.
I decided to go with the pink trim for the well-thought out reason that I simply couldn't find anything else. I did have a little lavender ribbon-type yarn that matched better in color
but it was too thin and I thought might look slightly anemic. And I decided that even if the results weren't perfect, I've never sewn on trim before, so it could be a Learning Opportunity if it didn't turn out well. Using invisible thread and one of the several zig-zag stitches in Emma's repertoire (which someday I need to figure out the various uses of),
Now, I'm off to set up Jeeves and take him for a test run. I don't have high expectations, and will be doing some felt gift bags so that