Monday, February 28, 2011

Down To The Wire

It's 9:30 AM on the last day of the month and


it's possible that the February Project of the Month could be finished tonight.  I woke up early today and got the yoke facing and one sleeve attached, and I hope to be able to get back to sewing fairly early tonight. There are cuff facings, but nothing too hideous and only two buttonholes to be made, so there's hope!

Saturday I dropped Jeeves off at the repair shop, then yesterday I finished this:
The fact that my "Mark-Be-Gone" marker hasn't "be gone" yet makes me a bit nervous as the other pen disappears in less than 24 hours, but maybe this one disappears with washing? 

I made the embroidery stitch a bit heavier by using 3 embroidery threads.  I wanted it to look slightly cartoon-like.  Not in a silly sense, just in a light-hearted sense.  I'm actually rather proud of myself for doing this, as I'm not good at drawing, I haven't actually embroidered anything since I was a child and then it was a few flowers, and this sort of thing would normally have intimidated me, but I wanted both pockets embroidered and was not going to let a little thing like Husqvarna's terrible service stand in my way.  There's more than one way to skin a cat!
....er, embroider a pocket. 

After the debacle that was Finishing Friday, Friday night I needed a cheap, quick knitting fling:
Yet another chemo cap!  With just a few more rows it will be a finished project, 100 yards of yarn used up, and one more stash entry in Ravelry moved to the "all used up" tab.  That's a pretty good fling, all things considered..............