Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Have Been Released!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight I am no longer in hand-stitching hell:
The robe is done!!!!!  And before it was TWO weeks late! 

Of course, in the perverse nature of my crafting, the doll clothes I cut out of the same material:
also required hand-stitching, but at least it was much less.  The odd circle is a little doll beret, which has a little 2-inch piece of elastic in it to give it a little stretchiness to help hold it on, which is probably why most berets I have ever owned are knitted and have a built-in stretchiness.  Yarn is MUCH easier to work with than a 2-inch piece of elastic.  Since these are a gift for my niece's 6th birthday, I did try to keep the swearing down to a minimum, but I might not have made it if there had been any more hand stitching to contend with.

Projects 22 and 23 DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!