Thursday, December 15, 2011

Problem Solved!

The yarn that matches beads I already have,
gets to be beaded scarves.  Those that don't get to be hats.  See how easy decisions are when one has spent their allowance on yarn?
I wish I had some brilliant amount of knitting to show off, but I do not.  Yesterday I wrapped gifts and even got a few sent off.  I'm still not entirely off pain medication--but generally down to one Aleve every 24 hours, instead of 4--but I'm slow and I get worn out pretty fast, and I think I was asleep by 9:00 last night.  So, not much knitting.  BUT, there have been two new ideas:

1.  Get the remainder of my stash photographed for Ravelry.  I think it's all on there, but there is a lot of yarn that didn't have photographs, and it's really easy to not pay attention to those yarns.  So, every time I'm ready to add photos to the blog, I go photograph a few missing yarns.  Interestingly, one of my friends on Ravelry wanted to know if I had robbed a yarn store, as I guess in the "friends' activity" setting, yarn is only "stashed" when a picture is added, so I have gleefully been stashing quite an insane amount of yarn this month.  As Lead Cold Sheeper, I can certainly understand her concern.  Not that there wasn't a bribing-myself-through-the-back-pain purchase, but it wasn't THAT bad.  If it were, I think I'd need to get that Valium prescription looked at........

2.  Keep a Projects To Do notebook.  The knitting projects are fine because I have my queue on Ravelry, but I have a lot of sewing or other ideas that can't be added, and if I don't write them down somewhere, I get sidetracked.  I think I'll make it a real paper-and-ink sort of journal, and maybe even attach fabric or pictures if appropriate.  I have an account on Pinterest, but that only works if I go look at my page, which so far I don't really do.  So, I'm hoping this idea might help me stay organized.  Ahem.....GET organized.

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

I like the idea of a notebook with plans for future projects. I could use that as I don't use Ravelry other than to look at patterns. So glad you are feeling better, but you are right pain makes you very tired.
Hugs,
Meredith

RobinH said...

The project notebook is a cool idea! If you used a packet of those clear plastic notebook sleeves, you could put a sleeve in with the page, containing the sewing pattern and notions if you already have some that go with the project.