Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm On Vacation!!!!!

First, the socks are done:
Yay!  They are a Christmas gift for THIS year!  And they're done early!  Excuse me while I enjoy this moment...........it doesn't happen very often. 

Andy is away for a few days, so I am taking a break from the garden and canning to do some crafting.  In a mad, allergy-medication-induced frenzy of yarn, I have another set of finished tribbles:
part of another attempt at EZ's mitered mittens,
although this time I thought I'd adjust needle size correctly to get gauge.  I still haven't figured out what to do with the monster mitten from my first attempt, but I have already tried the new mittens on, and they will actually fit a human hand.  I love being ahead without even having the first mitten done. 

And I can now show you one of the secret projects,
as it is now with its new owner and thus no longer a secret.  We have friends who have spearheaded a bit of a music club, and one of them had a recent birthday.  
In an odd great-minds-think-alike moment, the day I was laying out her bag, she gave me this one:
which is my new knitting bag when I can pry it away from Theo.  He likes it as much as I do, so I have to be pretty fast to get to use it.   He might even start to like knitting as much as sewing....

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

Love all the knitting, it is amazing with your hubby away what you can get done. Lovethem, but they do take up some time don't they?
Meredith

RobinH said...

Beautiful socks! And yay for early Christmas presents.

Clearly what you have to do with the monster mitten is knit a second one and then look for someone with monster hands..

Love to see you in manic crafting mode!