Sunday, September 4, 2011

Craft Weekend - Part 1

When one has a burning desire to cast on a new sweater, it's a good time to revisit the WIP pile.  This,

has been waiting for seams and buttons for 4 months, which made it the easiest one to complete. I'd like to say that I then moved on to other WIPs, but......
I then moved on to quick and fast projects to start filling up my Christmas "basket." 
which is going to take some effort.  A few more dishcloths and the bottom will no longer be visible, at least.

While I've been knitting, I've had Jeeves making ornaments:
They're free-standing lace being done on wash-away stabilizer.  When they're soaked in water, the stabilizer (which is just starch) will wash away and make them very stiff.  Perfect for ornaments.  At least, I hope so......
I'm counting 6 of these as one finished "project" as they take some effort on my part, but not too much.  They're small so I can do 3 of them inside one hoop, so that makes them go pretty quickly.  This year some friends of ours started a "music club," so we've been practicing and playing a lot this summer, so these seemed appropriate for the year.  And that they're quick and are helping move along my "finished project" tally before serious canning/harvesting season in the garden kicks in doesn't hurt at all........

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I think they are a great idea, I can't wait to see them finished. I think my end of the year tally is slowing way, way down. Good luck.
Meredith