Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Crossed 10,000 Last Night!

As it turns out, actually crafting on Finishing Friday makes a BIG difference on stash progress.  I finished the grey socks last night (picture to come), which used up a 460-yard ball of yarn and pushed my total-yarn-used for the year tally over 10,000.  The first year of the yarn tally I crossed that mark in July, but since then it has been late August or September, so I'm having a decent knitting year I suppose.  It does create a problem with that 25,000 yard goal however.  Not that I'm ready to concede yet--I prefer to ignore reality until at least November.  Besides, I still have tonight free.............

4 comments:

Dana KBS said...

Reach for the moon...and even if you fail, you'll end up among the stars.

which doesn't really make sense as a saying, because the stars are actually much much much further away than the moon, but y'know...

Better yet, "Ah, but a man's reach must exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" - Robert Browning

toni in florida said...

You know, Dana KBS, if you reverse moon and stars there, it makes total sense.

And Toni (I still think it's weird to type my own name when referring to someone else), way to go!

RobinH said...

Yay! And I'm sure you can still make the 25,000 yard goal with a minor adjustment to your knitting/sewing ratio!

carolyn said...

Hooray!!!! 10,000 yards is an awesome accomplishment!!!