Monday, August 8, 2011

Amazingly......

......I made a lot more progress on the grey sock without Calisto's help,
so I'm pretty sure I'll get them done for the "dead heat" stashdash.  Unless, of course, I am lured away by this:
which is also in my "dead heat" basket and could either become a hat or mittens or both.  Part of me wants to try EZ's mitered mittens again since I have not successfully made a mitten and this time I know that I need to go DOWN a needle size to get gauge, not up.  BUT part of me is thinking that I might prefer to do a hat as a hat is a finished project after one thing is done, not two.  The responsible part of me--which isn't a very big part, unfortunately--is trying to keep myself focused on the socks or the blue scarf, but I'm not sure it's a battle that part is going to win.  Would I have over 50,000 yards of lace yarn if I were a responsible person??????

4 comments:

Gaidig said...

As for that 50,000 yards of lace weight, I think you should become familiar with the Whisper Cardigan and her sisters, Featherweight and Breezy. They are simple sweaters knitted in lace yarn, but using a larger needle (like a US 6), so you can burn through that yarn fast, and get a nice summer-weight cardigan for those places that turn their AC up too high.

toni in florida said...

Responsible for keeping a few lace-yarn manufacturers in business, perhaps?

RobinH said...

Now really, how is Calisto's gauge going to improve if she doesn't get more practice?

And of course you're a responsible person...you're responsible for having acquired a lovely stash, right?

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

First off nice yarn. Did you say 50,000 yards of lace yarn ? Wow I'm speechless. - I am so impressed by your Goal list and that you have completed so many projects.