Monday, June 13, 2011

This Is Why Yarn Is My Friend

*  Yarn does not have a monitor that will suddenly decide that 30 seconds should be enough time for anyone to wish to see whatever it is they're trying to type.

*  Buying yarn doesn't involve any cable specifications, except the kind with the cool needle

*  New yarn rarely costs $200 to replace, and if it does, it's cashmere and I pretty much want to roll around naked in it anyway, which I wouldn't be sharing that on the blog

*  If I want my yarn to be sideways, I turn it.  If I don't, I can turn it back.  I do not have to wrestle with computer programs that may or may not be compatible with whatever Blogger is doing today in order to see my knitting right side up.

*  Unless one bought really silly yarn like Fun Fur, yarn is never outdated and "not forward compatible"

*  When new yarn arrives, there are never instructions written by a 5-year-old Chinese translator that can only be deciphered after 3 glasses of wine and 4 wrong attempts in order to use the yarn

*  I don't have to haul old yarn to the dump in order to get rid of it

*  Buying new yarn is generally not sold by 20-year-old men who speak a foreign language involving MEGA Dynamic Contrast Ratio and HDMI

*  My loving spouse is not--in the gentlest way possible--about to suggest that I get bigger yarn because now that I'm over 40, my eyesight may not be what it was....

*  A new monitor on its way to my house just doesn't have the thrill that new yarn on its way to my house does.....

3 comments:

tinebeest said...

Oh dear... sounds like a good thing they haven't invented digital yarn yet...

Hope the new monitor shows up soon!

Mereknits said...

No it doesn't but I bet your pictures of yarn will look fantastic on your new monitor.
Happy Monday,
Meredith

RobinH said...

On the plus side, bigger yarn does inflate your FO count and your skein count in a hurry. Just sayin'.

I usually download my photos from my camera to the computer and just turn them right side up using the Windows Photo Viewer before uploading them anywhere. In fact I don't usually bother loading camera software- I've tended to find it awfully buggy. What software are you using that's giving Blogger such fits?