Friday, November 12, 2010

Close Enough

The GOOD news is, the hat with the 'manly" leaves is finished.  The bad news is

notice anything about the top of the hat?  Like the color not matching the rest of the hat?  Yeah, I noticed that too.  The yarn is Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, and since both skeins would have been ordered at the exact same time, I guess I assumed that they were the same dye lot.  Obviously not.  Oh don't get me wrong--this is November 12 and I'm counting it as a Finished Project no matter what--the truly desperate having no shame at all--but I will either be keeping the silly thing or finding a not-too-observant person who would like to give it a home no matter what it looks like. 

The winter pillow covers took a bit of a detour.  I decided they would look better with beads
which is, of course, a great way to REALLY slow down progress on them.  So is this:
Thank heavens he picked the washable project to shed on.  I spent the day working on cornucopias, and have one that looks terrific:
and one where I didn't measure quite so accurately:
Hm, guess which one I worked started  after Andy brought the white chocolate martini.........