Friday, November 12, 2010

Close Enough

The GOOD news is, the hat with the 'manly" leaves is finished.  The bad news is

notice anything about the top of the hat?  Like the color not matching the rest of the hat?  Yeah, I noticed that too.  The yarn is Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, and since both skeins would have been ordered at the exact same time, I guess I assumed that they were the same dye lot.  Obviously not.  Oh don't get me wrong--this is November 12 and I'm counting it as a Finished Project no matter what--the truly desperate having no shame at all--but I will either be keeping the silly thing or finding a not-too-observant person who would like to give it a home no matter what it looks like. 

The winter pillow covers took a bit of a detour.  I decided they would look better with beads
which is, of course, a great way to REALLY slow down progress on them.  So is this:
Thank heavens he picked the washable project to shed on.  I spent the day working on cornucopias, and have one that looks terrific:
and one where I didn't measure quite so accurately:
Hm, guess which one I worked started  after Andy brought the white chocolate martini.........

5 comments:

Janet said...

Love your cornicopias! Theo definitely looks entranced with them on the sewing table, lol. Keep finding those quick to finish already started projects, my fingers are crossed for you on gettting your 100 projects finished this year.

RobinH said...

Fortunately for your cat hair issues, the cornucopias are not large enough for Theo to actually crawl inside. They look gorgeous!

I think you should tell potential hat recipients that you used a lighter shade behind the manly leaves for more contrast.

carolynswafforrd said...

Actually, I don't think the hat looks bad, to be honest! I didn't even notice it until I read your post. It looks okay. Now, if you switch to baby hats, you'll knock those 13 projects out even faster...

Dana KBS said...

I bet if you picked up and then bound off stitches around the base of the hat, it would totally look like the two colors were on purpose.

that said, it looks great as is and no one but a knitter would even realize it wasn't probably meant to be two different tans!

Daniele said...

I like the hat like that, and yes, you had to put beads on those covers. Gorgeous!