Thursday, October 7, 2010

What Happened To the Crafting?

Since I haven't been whining about my crazy 100-projects-finished-in-2010 goal, you might be wondering what the heck I have been doing with myself this week.  Knitting?  No.  Sewing? No. Anything at all remotely enjoyable?  No.  This week I am:

Toni, slayer of icky bugs

Our pantry has been invaded by grain moths and their disgusting wormy children.  If they weren't so revolting, I'd admire their tenacity as they get EVERYWHERE.  They can't get through the lids of things I've canned, but they can crawl into the rings and build little wormy nests.  Luckily, most of the stuff I canned is in an area that gets too cold for bugs, they found hundreds of other places.  Even in the cardboard boxes where we keep some of the nicer serving stuff, which sort of makes me wonder whether our bugs are actually some sort of separatist grain moth cult that has chosen to eat cardboard and Styrofoam instead of grain.  So my last several days have been spent vacuuming creatures, scrubbing surfaces, moving things to airtight containers....then drinking heavily to deal with the trauma of bug-hunting all day.  I am really, really, REALLY hoping I get the pantry cleaned and debugged before I become an alcoholic....................

2 comments:

RobinH said...

Oh, yuck. *Deepest* sympathy. May the icky bugs be completely eradicated in record time.

Mereknits said...

Oh I am so sorry, those moths are so horrible. Wine helps.