Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more dog sitting!

I have found the camera cord! 

The new power cord for my laptop arrived!

And yesterday was my 40th birthday (which explains why this update is coming today instead of yesterday)

So....

I spent Sunday and yesterday crafting, and to show for it I have:
a new bag for fall.  This was Jeeves's first project, and at first I thought he was having problems still, but it turns out the problems were being caused by the microsuede I used for the lining.  I added a little free-hand decorative stitching to the outside, and am really quite pleased with the results.  It's a bigger bag than I ever usually carry, but that does mean I could carry more knitting than usual, so it's really a win-win thing, don't you think?

Then it was time for the true test for Jeeves,
and he does seem to FINALLY be fixed.  Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone is even happier to have Jeeves back than I am...
And in another week, he might finally stop sleeping on top of me at night, which would make rolling over SO much easier (for me, not Theo).

And.......

That's right.  It's a new knitting project.  Because, you know, I was getting so low on them.  Actually, it's a pair of socks made with the obnoxious stretchy yarn.  Because the pattern I used for the yellow socks has an all-over ribbing built into the pattern, I thought it might be a good match for this yarn.  Now (theoretically--which almost never works out for me in the knitting world) if I combine that with small needles AND a shorter foot than I would usually use, I'm hoping the obnoxious stretchiness will work WITH the pattern rather than against it.  Let's hope!  I still have 9 1/2 balls of this stuff in my stash!!!!

5 comments:

Alison said...

woooohoooo!!! Happy Birthday to you, and Happy Jeeves day to Theo! Bless him, he looks *very* relaxed.

But... correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you were making your own birthday pressie? Hmm?!??

RobinH said...

Happy Birthday!

And wow, FOs galore! That fall bag is really pretty! And yay for Jeeves embroidery! And aw...Theo looks so happy to be sewing again.

Mandy said...

So glad to see that Jeeves is working well. Isn't it funny how machines seem to work well with some fabrics and yet not with others. I now have a wide range of different types of machine needles to tackle the different fabrics.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday and what better as a present than Jeeves happy at home
Theo must be over the moon!!!
Gies

Janet said...

Happy belated birthday Toni! Great news on Jeeves and Theo definitely looks comfy! He is one happy kitty. Way to go on the projects. Canning will be over soon and then you can really zoom along and get your 100 projects done!