Sunday, August 8, 2010

Not So Much "Finishing" Friday

Okay, I admit, I'm getting a little bit cheesed at Husqvarna in general and my local dealer in particular.  Tuesday will be 5 weeks without Jeeves, and I have no idea if the part has shipped or if it's still on back order.  So, I decided to do something different on Friday, so I went out to lunch and to my favorite used bookstore. These
were $2 each, and have some clever ideas--along with some seriously outdated pictures, but for $2, who can be picky?

And....
I cast on the yellow socks!  I am using the Ribbed Lace pattern from Sensational Socks, and so far I love the pattern.  It's actually a k1, p1 rib-based pattern, so I have high hopes for socks that will actually stay up, which none of my knitted socks really do.....except for that pair that cuts off circulation just a bit, but I think one pair of tourniquet socks is enough for anyone.....

Someone is refusing to hang out with me at all.....
If there isn't sewing soon, I may have to relinquish my status as Primary Human. 

5 comments:

RobinH said...

Ooh, I really like the ribbed lace in that color. Pretty!

Janet said...

The sock is looking stunning! Hopefully Theo will forgive you.

Mandy said...

The sock colour is wonderful. Hope Jeeves returns soon.

Daniele said...

Oh - I so love those socks!!! I use the K2, P2 rib for the cuff, and they usually stay up. Let me know how that K1, P1 works out.

Poor Theo - but..... doesn't he care that you dyed the yarn and everything???

toni in florida said...

Tourniquet socks ... What a perfect image, if not a perfect piece of clothing!