Sunday, July 18, 2010

Prepare Yourselves For a Shock

Andy was gone this weekend, and since I couldn't spend the weekend sewing, I decided to sort through my sewing pattern stash and match up a few with fabric--you know, like I actually remembered what I bought material for in the first place........

And, after only about an hour of rummaging around in the closet, I found................
THE MISSING PAJAMA TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You know--the one that has been missing for two and a half years.  Of course, now I don't know where the rest of the material is, but as Andy pointed out, if all else fails, I could just bind the edges of the armholes & he'd have perhaps the first EVER wife-beater flannel PJ top. 

It was underneath several yards of green suiting, which has now been "assigned" to Andy's next Halloween Costume......
A Zoot Suit!  I told him not to hope for the costume to be done by this Halloween, but since he's been waiting for a PJ top for 2 1/2 years, I doubt he was really expecting speed.  

With my two helpers ever-present,
I sorted patterns, washed and ironed fabrics, and now have 19 new sewing projects bagged and ready:
And TWO more are actually cut out
(though only one photographed, apparently) and waiting for the return of Jeeves--though I'm not holding my breath.  No word from the repair shop, and since last time he came back with about twice as many problems as he went in with, there is a possibility he will come back not working at all.  Let's hope not.....

There was also a fair bit of knitting...
and you'll have to ask Blogger how I got them to appear side-by-side like that, as I don't have the faintest idea.  The beaded Ostrich Plume is now doubled in size, and the Pi shawl has progressed enough to be a nice little pocket to hold its own yarn--always a perk for a portable knitting project.  I'm getting close to finishing the 48-row section, and will be needing to pick out the next stitch pattern very soon.  I'm thinking something with a leaf motif, then maybe a leaf-type of border.  If I can at least get ONE of them finished by the end of the month, that would help.  Of course, if would help to stay away from lace entirely this year....but when have I ever been known to exercise common sense.  Hello!  20 sewing projects...........................

6 comments:

RobinH said...

Whoa! The missing pajama top? Are you positive you don't have Jimmy Hoffa in that closet somewhere?

And way to go, Toni, for sorting out all those projects! I always find that getting all the stuff together for a project makes a project way slower to get started. I hate the 'need x, stop go look for x, find y, which I'd forgotten about, get distracted, realize an hour later I still need to look for x' dynamic. More projects have died at this stage...

Janet said...

That's the way, get things organized and together before the sewing marathon begins! Hale for the return of Jeeves, fingers crossed soon and working in fine condition! In the meantime, great progress on the PI shawl and on your Ostrich Plume scarf. I am sure you will get at least one lace project off your needles this month. Congrats on finding the PJ top, now to find the rest.

tinebeest said...

Phoooar! I am still fanning myself and trying to get my spiked blood pressure down. You did warn us, but obviously I am a gentle creature and easily shocked! I really thought you'd never see the PJ top back.

*prays to the sewing gods for the return of Jeeves*

Gaidig said...

I think that your ability to find the PJ top really demonstrates how much you've reduced your stash. Way to go!

Also, sleeveless flannel isn't entirely unheard of...

Daniele said...

OMG! YOU FOUND IT!!!

okay - now I'll go back and read the post... lol

Daniele said...

That's a lot of sewing projects girl!!! Jeeves better come back in top condition.

Also, loving the lace. Maybe an EZ PI shawl is in my near future??? What to knit... What to knit...