Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Little Burnout Perhaps?

After the maniacal level of crafting that has been going on here lately, it may not be surprising to learn that yesterday I woke up to Finishing Friday with a huge case of....craft burnout.  That's right--the maniac who doesn't find it at ALL unreasonable to make a sweater in 2 weeks or finish 100 projects in one year might have some limits to her crafting drive after all.  I even gave myself permission to cast on something new and STILL couldn't get motivated.....

I may need to see a therapist...........

5 comments:

toni in florida said...

In the immortal words of that philosopher of American pop music (whose name escapes me, but whose wisdom has stuck), "What goes up, must come down. Spinning wheel, going 'round."

You'll be back in no time.

Janet said...

Sometimes you just need a short break! I myself have absolutely no desire to knit at the moment, lol. I am deep into quilt block sewing, hehe. I few weeks of just quilts and I will be back in rare form. Have a great break!

Ilix said...

Breaks are good for the soul..... and mind.

RobinH said...

And here I thought knitting was what we did *instead* of therapy. Hmm. Maybe you need a new craft?

(Sayeth the woman who has been on a reading binge. As in, over a dozen books read in the last 2 weeks....)

Daniele said...

My goodness girl. I leave you alone for a few months, and you're making 100 projects in one year!!?? AND you're almost to 50??!!

I bow to your superior crafting skillz!!!

Now - summon something!! HA!! :D