Thursday, June 24, 2010

Knitter Down!!!!!

Tomorrow is Finishing Friday, and let's take a brief look at where we stand:

*  Sewing machine - still in the shop & not likely to be home tomorrow. 

*  Knitting - our little heroine has just managed to cut herself WHILE PICKING STRAWBERRIES.  Not cleaning strawberries.  Not planting strawberries.  PICKING strawberries.  The details are a bit hazy as it frankly still seems impossible, but I started out with a bucket and ended up with half a pint of strawberries and a hand bleeding much more than one would ever imagine from a berry-related injury.  And here's the kicker:  it actually hurts!  I may be prevented from knitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do realize, of course, that this possibly makes me the first person in history to be beaten up by berries????   

Oh, the shame..........

3 comments:

toni in florida said...

I've heard of being allergic to strawberries, but this is something else entirely! Hope your hand heals quickly.

Ella said...

While I truly feel sorry for your injury, it just occured to me that there is no need to be ashamed - after all, you're breaking new grounds, so to say, by exploring the hazards of seemingly non-hazardous plants for the sake and warning of us all.
I do hope your hand will heal quickly.

RobinH said...

You may be the first person to suffer a vicious and unprovoked attack by strawberries, but berries in general, no. I generally figure on donating half a pint of blood per quart of blackberries...more if I venture *into* the patch instead of just picking cautiously about the edges.