Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm In Love!!!!!

Remember how I said I was going to work on the mitten garland this month?
Obviously, that is not working out for me.  I have become OBSESSED with this scarf!  I wasn't sure if I would like the pattern in merino as well as I did the alpaca, so I steamed it a bit to see how it would look when finished--AND I LOVE IT!  I am a knitter obsessed!

And meet projects 48 and 49:
which is a shirt & cropped pants, not a shirt with bloomers, no matter what they look like in the picture.  I am rather proud of finishing up this fabric, as it was one of the first pieces of material I bought when I decided to take up sewing 5-6 years ago.  It MAY have been the oldest fabric in my stash--which gives me hope for the rest of the stash. 

Theo was, of course, on hand to help, but I think a project with THREE drawstrings AND buttonholes was perhaps a bit much for him.......

4 comments:

Gaidig said...

Woo hoo!!!! Way to go, using up some of your oldest stash

Janet said...

WTG Toni! Always a good feeling when using up some of the oldest fab's. Cute too. Was Theo just too tormented with drawstrings to play with????? Love the scarf, definitely have to start my own. Now just to figure out which Laceweight yarn I shall use. Hmmm, white, gold, blue, pink, etc... way to many to choose from, help!

RobinH said...

Whoa! 48 and 49? You are smokin'! And I don't mean crack. You realize that *one* more project will put you on track for June? Half the year=50 project goal... dang, I need to knit faster!

Daniele said...

OH! I know that ostrich plume stitch!! It is hard to stop once you start it!! Gorgeous in pink, girl!! Also - I'm crossing my fingers that Jeeves comes home soon!!