Friday, May 7, 2010

And This Finishing Friday's Lame Excuse Is.....

My parents were down for a visit today.  Which isn't the lame part--that would be the morning I spent playing on the internet.  BUT I did get a mitten done
bringing me to a grand total of 11.  And I got this far on the wall hanging
and now it is voting time.  Do you think it needs something added--like maybe a black stitch outline on the edge of the tan, something like this
only, you know, more symmetrical and not done with ribbon?  Or just something in the corners?  Or should I leave well enough alone before I muck it up and have to start all over again?
 
Thoughts?

7 comments:

tinkers said...

i think a black stitch outline would be really cute!

toni in florida said...

Ooh, I just missed you on Lame Excuse Island! Did you get sunburned there, too? ;-)

As for the wall hanging, I like the black ribbon, actually, breaking up the straight lines in all the other borders/edges.

Gaidig said...

I think a black stitch outline would be good.

Kathleen C. said...

Hmmm... I do like the effect of the curvilinear black around the text. I don't think the corners would work as well...
And will you be binding the edges or do they finish in the red? Wondering if you bound them in black if it would have a similar finishing effect?

RobinH said...

Hmm, some kind of swoopy scroll-like border, maybe?

I finished a mitten too!

Ilix said...

Have to agree that some outline would be good, but I think that the scroll suggestion or a gentle vine would be nice. Would something match the red fabric really well?

Janet said...

Scroll work with ribbon or stitching would look nice. Just a suggestion for a further project such as this, you can cut a 1" wide strip of whatever color you would like to accent with, fold and press in half, sew with a quarter inch seam around center panel, then put on borders, this gives a 1/4" reveal of another border which looks great! Especially if it is done with the same color as the binding.