Monday, April 5, 2010

25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep--you read that right.  25 projects done.  Completed.  Finished.  Now, some of you may be thinking that I have spent the weekend making a desperate push to finish short, quick projects in a pathetic attempt to get back on track, and to that I say......Well, duh.  

First, we have the April Project of the Month.  Taking the half-yard of fleece that was tucked away in the project bag, rounded off the corners
(which requires the latest in high-tech equipment as you can see), then did a narrow hem along the border using some decorative stitching
which doesn't need to be done as fleece cannot ravel, but I like the look better than a raw edge.  The timing is perfect because some friends just had a baby last week, so.....
It looks a bit funny because the clear water-soluble stabilizer is still there.  This is my first time using this plastic-looking stuff
and it's a bit strange to work with.  It's nice that it's clear, but it also has a bit of a smell...well, more of a stink, really, When I bought it at the fabric store, I even had to explain to the clerks what it was, so it might not be popular stuff.  Sewing gods willing, when I wash the blanket, it will have dissolved just like the normal stuff.  So, that is project 23.

Project 24 and 25:
personalized pillowcases for nieces for Christmas gifts!  I think they turned out well--in spite of a smack by the Sewing Gods
when I received a reminder why one does not actually leave the embroidery machine unattended.  Luckily, I caught it before it got too bad, so with much swearing and my longest-handled seam ripper I was able to undo this snarl and save the pillow case.  Theo took it much more calmly than I did. 
So...I am at 25 projects for the year,or 1/4 of the way to my goal with just over 1/4 of the year gone.  This really might be doable--as long as I stay away from the quilts..............

6 comments:

Jillsknit said...

I LOVE water soluble stabilizer and used it a lot when I did thread painting (machine embroidery where you move the fabric by hand).

Janet said...

Water soluable is the best I think when embroidering with the machine. It is so nice to be able to have it disolve in no time! Love the pillow cases, cute, gives me a good idea for some gifts for Christmas also, lol. Tonight at embroidery club we learned monogramming on bath towels, turned out rather nicely, if I might say so. The fleece blanket is quite cute, that baby is very lucky indeed.

Mandy said...

Well done on the 25 projects.
I too use the water soluble stabilizer. Amazing stuff. It really does all wash out, but sometimes needs a little persistence.

toni in florida said...

Yay, you! Great way to get back on track. Getting the urge to knit anything in particular next?

RobinH said...

Whoo-hoo! And Toni takes the lead! What'll it be next...a brand-new shiny knitting project? Or are you going to pad your lead and blow away a few WIPs. *listens intently* Is that Fleur I hear whining in the background?!

RobinH said...

...okay, 27, now that's just rubbing it in!