Wednesday, March 24, 2010

19!

Okay, knitting will always be my first love, but when I need a cheap, meaningless fling

sewing is pretty hard to beat.  I'm up to 3 sets of finished coasters & probably 2 more in progress.  The fact that I should be at 25 projects by March 31 to stay on track and I'm only on project 19 might have something to do with this sudden fascination.....

To be fair, the ostrich plume scarf is getting some attention:
I used the ostrich plume stitch pattern once for a mohair shawl, and it is gorgeous, if I do say so myself.  Ostrich plumes is a lot like feather & fan (a series of yarn overs compensated by a bunch of decreases) except that it regularly shifts the pattern over and then back, rather than remaining in columns like feather & fan, such as on this from a blanket I did a year ago:
or the reverse stockinette rows that may or may not be on feather & fan. 

Now that I have contributed to the world-wide knitting pattern confusion, I'd probably better get back out to the garden.......

2 comments:

tinebeest said...

No no, read this first before talking about confusion in knitting patterns: http://northernlace.wordpress.com/2010/03/12/feather-and-fan-versus-old-shale/

Lovely coasters too! I wouldn't mind a set of those if you came to visit :-)

Janet said...

Nicely done, coasters are cute, and of course help to fill up those numbers of projects to do this year. Love the ostrich plumes.