Sunday, March 21, 2010

16 And 17!!!!!

Yesterday afternoon I got an idea for Christmas coasters.  So, digging out some Christmas material & some white felt, I stuck them together with quilting basting spray to make them easier to cut out as a set
--as well as using a feline weight just in case--
I cut out four and a half inch squares from the layers

then drew chalk lines 2 1/4-inches from the edges.
Then, cutting 4 1/2-inch pieces of 1/4-inch ribbon, I sewed them over the lines for the present's ribbons,
then stitched 1/4-inch from the edge, clipped the edges with pinking sheers, and added a bow in thinner ribbon, and....
Christmas present coasters!  I made two sets of 6, which I think will be really cute in a bag with some hot tea or coffee. And after this first one, I even managed to make them all so that the snowmen are right-side up.  I'm quick that way....:)

Cowl?  What cowl?

4 comments:

agilitygrrls said...

Those are really cute and a great idea; I think I'll be following in your footsteps.

SpongebobTanu said...

very cute idea!

Janet said...

Neat idea. They are quite cute. Just an idea, since you used a narrow ribbon, if you have a twin needle in say a 4.0 for your machine, you can stitch the present ribbon on both edges of the ribbon at the same time! A great time saver!

RobinH said...

Very cute! But hey, the cowl is on your FO list! Are you holding out on us?