Monday, February 15, 2010

And Now A Word From Our Sponsors...

Bob:  Before we continue our coverage of the 2010 Ravelympics, we pause for a few words from our sponsors:

For those times when knitting is becoming overwhelming and you can't decide between a shot of tequila or a handful of chocolates to steady your nerves.....
 It's time for for Anthon-Berry's liqueur-filled chocolates.  Anthon-Berry's--when one vice just isn't enough.

And...they're lean!  They're mean!  They're racing machines!  It's.....
The Racing Grannies RC racers!  Grandmothers--they're not just for knitting anymore!


For that special knitting friend--you know who she is--it's

 the Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure!  Comes complete with green carpet slippers, 6 cats, and a wild look of desperation in her eyes.  (Not recommended for small children or anyone trying to get a date)


Planning a party for a few of your knitting friends and looking for a little ice-breaker?  It's....
 the Inflatable Party Sheep!  For those times when yarn just isn't enough.  (Void where prohibited and in rural parts of Montana)

9 comments:

Mereknits said...

I think I need all of them!!!! I also need some splints for my wrists. Got to go, hope your knitting is progressing just like you wanted.

Abby said...

Funny, funny, funny, and that's just plain gross!

Jillsknit said...

MUST HAVE Cat Lady!
I searched the Grannies and found the ones with walkers. Reminds me of last month with my foot surgery. That might be a must have too! But Chief and Bert would probably steal them from me.

Janet said...

Too funny, lol. Toni, you rock with your wit! Hope the knitting is going well, try and get a little sleep, because when you are cross-eyed, you cannot knit, take it from one who knows, lol. I used to try and knit during treatment, but the benedryl would put me out within half an hour, and I just couldn't focus. Keep on knitting!

RobinH said...

LOL! Loving the commentary!

Ilix said...

LMAO........... where can one aquire the grannies? I am stocked for vices thanks...

Cotton Yarn Manufacturer said...

its really very nice and beautiful pictures thanks for sharing this with us...

Knitting Out Loud said...

Must have Racing Grannies! The Cat Lady is too close for comfort!

tinebeest said...

I more or less grew up with chocolates with booze in all around me (that's being Belgian for you!) but I didn't like them, so that was ok. But the other things- oh my! The racing grannies are just hilarious. Where did you find all this stuff??? Thanks for another fantastic post, this is worthy of appearing in print, I tell you!