Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2010 Ravelympics - Day 12

Bob:  We're back at the 2010 Ravelympics.  It's been 12 grueling days of extreme knitting, and I think the strain on the competitors may be starting to show.

Ron:  I think you're right, Bob.  With just one sleeve and the button bands left to go, I think Ms. Sutton is starting to lose some steam. 

Bob: The pressure of knitting an entire sweater in 17 days is extremely high, and not many knitters can cope with that sort of project dedication.  Not normally an extremely monogamous knitter, I've been surprised that Ms. Sutton has shown the dedication that she has.

Ron:  Good point, Bob.  She's surprised us all by getting this far, and I think we might just see the end of the 10th skein of yarn tonight.

Bob:  That would definitely make up for the lack of knitting earlier today.  There was the early deciding-to-try-making-pad-thai-for-lunch distraction, and then this afternoon, I was afraid for a minute that we had lost her entirely.

Ron:  You don't mean......

Bob:  Yes, Ron, I'm afraid I do.  Ms. Sutton was actually cleaning the sewing room today instead of knitting.

Ron:  No!!!!!!!

Bob:  Sad to say, we have it on good authority Ms. Sutton actually sorted, dusted, filed AND gained about 3 feet of visible floor space.  Definitely a sign that the pressure is getting to her.

Ron:  It happens to so many young knitletes.  They think they can handle it, but sooner or later, the pressure gets to them.  Tell me...she wasn't....she didn't.....

Bob:  No, no--she didn't vacuum, so she may not be over the edge entirely.  

Ron:  Whew!  That's a relief!  Perhaps with a little rest--and maybe a glass or two of wine--she'll be back on track tomorrow.

Bob:  I certainly hope so for Ms. Sutton's sake.   Join us here tomorrow for our continuing coverage of the 2010 Ravelympics.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Some days you just need a break from the grinde. You are still looking strong for a finish in time, keep it up! Wish I could get back on track in my sewing/knitting/crafting area, it's a mess, still, ohhhhhhhhh!

toni in florida said...

Say it isn't so, Toni!!

Mereknits said...

Toni, I know you can pull this off. Your are almost done!!!!!

RobinH said...

Whew, you had me worried there for a few minutes, but the lack of vacuuming was reassuring! Go, Toni!