1. You are less likely to become known to the moth community as THE place to be.
2. All those rubber tubs and boxes could be used for something else.
3. It's like living in your own private yarn store where shoplifting is allowed
4. Other knitters will admire and fear you
5. It will shock your spouse
6. You can use all that shopping time as extra knitting time
7. We are no longer artificially inflating the demand in the yarn market. Look what happened to real estate, after all.
8. Think of the liability if your stash fell on someone and smothered her.
9. The longer you put off facing those 80s fluorescent acrylic yarns the worse it will get
10. It's too hard to catalog it all for homeowner's insurance
11. Some people have closets that hold things BESIDES yarn. (I know! Go figure...)