Saturday, April 12, 2008

WIP Month - Day 12

See all the progress I've made?


Me neither.

Twelve days in to Work In Progress month--the month when I was going to finish 5 or 6 projects because they are so close to being done and I am still spending most of my time with the new alpaca cardigan that I wasn't going to cast on last month and the Lady's Circular Cape. Finally out of frustration I made myself work on this:


It's a cuff-down sock made with the discontinued Magic Stripe sport weight yarn from Lion Brand, and there was a point in time when I was totally enamored with this sock. I found the yarn on clearance for an insanely low price, and rushed home to cast on--thoroughly overexcited because I had never made a sock in red or black before. Obviously when it's a matter of clearance yarn, it does not take much to excite me. That was a little over a year ago. Ours was a passionate affair, but fleeting. I have finally made it to the toe decrease, will be rewarding myself with a chocolate martini for having to graft a toe, then will have to find a way to entice myself to cast on that dreaded second sock. Better not do a second martini--I'll end up with a mitten or something.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Thank you for the laugh-out-loud of that first bit. I find it's okay to have WIPs; it means that sometimes you find you need just the thing for someone, and hey, it's already halfway done, looky here!

The last pair of socks I knit was one and a half socks for something like 18 months, and then the perfect recipient for them came into my life. Half a sock? Didn't take long. Cool!