Wednesday, April 9, 2008

One WIP finished!

The chenille blanket
is finished! And yes, it does look exactly like the one I made back in November, though perhaps it's a few rows longer. The count is now 2 WIPs frogged, 2 thrown in the trash (don't worry--it was really cheap acrylic yarn), and 1 finished. And....

----drum roll please-----

I have used up 3.11 MILES of yarn so far this year!!! (It sounds SO much more impressive in miles)

Luckily, even I have the sense to not total up how many miles the entire stash would be--there are fun experiments and then there's downright insanity. Let's just say that crossing a state line would not be unthinkable and leave it at that.

4 comments:

AlisonH said...

Uh, Arlo Guthrie is suddenly singing "From New York to the Golden Gate" in my head.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been enjoying reading about your WIPs. I ended up taking a look at mine and I'm not far behind! What kind of "excel" thing are you doing to count/use up your stash? I can't find anything like it on the net. How interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Daniele in Ohio

Peggy said...

Your wedding picture is beautiful. WOW, so much yarn!!!!!! thanks for the nice comment on my blog.

toni in florida said...

Congrats on your FO! I have some chenille in my stash that I bought to make a toddler or baby something out of, then I started worrying about it worming or shedding and... well, that's why it's still in the stash. Hm, wonder if my son's art class could use some chenille? After all, I did give his last school a bunch of cheap acrylic yarn odds and ends a couple of years ago and the teacher was thrilled to get it.