Saturday, April 19, 2008

I've got plenty of time.............NOT

Last weekend, I put the borders on the birthday quilt, and thanks to everyone's much appreciated input, I've decided to quilt it with a simple ("simple" being not elaborate, not "simple" as in "I can't mess this up," because I can and have repeatedly in the past. Incidentally, it only took me one really disastrous quilt to realize one should quilt from the inside out rather than vice versa--I consider that a triumph of personal growth over stubbornness) stitch-in-the-ditch pattern and to let the zig-zag of the music notes be the real focal point.

So, this afternoon I laid out the backing, the batting, pinned the top on--smoothing everything repeatedly (OK, that one took me about 3 project disasters to learn--sometimes stubbornness wins), pinned militantly, turned around to set up the sewing machine, and

I swear, they must have radar. To be fair, she does match the quilt rather nicely.

This morning I realized--this is a gift for a birthday that occurs two weeks from TODAY! Oops, that's sooner than I realized. So, don't look for any knitting progress this weekend--I'll be quilting and, most likely, swearing. Nothing says "love" like a handmade gift, after all....

3 comments:

AlisonH said...

What a beautiful cat (wish I had one...) Note that she is, ahem, spinnable...

toni in florida said...

That kitty looks perfectly at home there! Are you sure it's not for her?

Jill said...

Just keep saying - "I can do it... I can do it" Oh - and tell kitties Mom is busy right now (not like that will actually help!)