Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Getting Sidetracked

I am not the person I thought I was. My cheap thrills fling

has distracted me from all other knitting. It's a chunky weight yarn called Gedifra Living, which I would link to if I could find it on the internet, and the pattern, which also can't be located, was free with the purchase of the yarn. Yes, I know it sounds like I made this all up, but it was out there somewhere at some time--I promise.

This was even Deep Stash yarn--the stuff that has been in stash for more than a year and has very little chance by now of ever getting used, which makes me more than a little proud of myself--and explains how I have somehow inexplicably shifted the lace pattern over by one stitch--proving that old knitting adage, "pride goeth before a frog." (rip-it, rip-it) This time, however, I have left well enough alone. I can't find the error and have decided that searching down an invisible, unnoticeable mistake cannot be part of a "cheap thrills" knitting experience. (I should be careful with that phrase--Google obviously gets a great deal of enjoyment from directing people to my blogs through the most unlikely & misconstrued phrases, the Canadian female impersonators being my personal favorite...)

This is what I had intended to knit this month:


A lovely soft yellow that in all honestly will make my fair-skinned self look like a banana, but a nice spring color. It is the sport-weight version of the yarn I used for the January sweater:


(I don't always buy yarns that look like Easter eggs, but apparently I do when it's December and the ground is covered in snow and I'm already wishing for spring.)

To be honest, in spite of its softness, I'm not very impressed with the yarn--Knit Picks Shine Worsted & Sport. Besides having a big join that looked like it was attacked by rats in the center of every skein, the yarn sheds so much that the cats consider it one of their own. Walking around covered in yellow fuzz....I'll look like a large baby chicken!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Here you go..... http://www.yarndexforyarn.com/Living_Gedifra_yarn.htm
Now find that pattern!! :-)

Toni in Florida said...

I love that stitch pattern and that pink yarn! If you discover the pattern is still available (with or without yarn purchase), please let us know?

Thanks!

AlisonH said...

I thought deep stash had to be more like ten years...