Monday, January 21, 2008

They're Killing Me!

Today this appeared at www.elann.com:

http://www.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=Elsebeth+Lavold+Silky+Cashmere&Cat=NEW&ProductType=5&Count=1

I love the sweater, the yarn sounds fabulous (though REALLY expensive), and I'm on a stupid self-imposed yarn diet! What moron thought this up?? Oh wait, that would be ME.

A smarter person would stop checking visiting their website--I realize this, but then a smarter person probably wouldn't restrict themselves from buying yarn, nor would they buy more yarn than they can use. It's a vicious cycle when you give up on rational thought.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Definitely worth drooling over. I LOVE her designs.

Monique said...

How bad can it be?
I just voted on someone in Ravelry, her stash was over a thousand skeins!!!!
(it wasn't you, was it?)
If you think you'll wear it, when you make it; BUY IT!!! It's like buying clothes, that aren't finished yet....

BTW: i'm MoniqueB, from the SSS-KAL.

Monique said...

Sorry, it is the VLT-KAL...

MezzoDiva said...

Hmmm... I just looked up your stash on Ravelry, and I am guessing it's just not all up there yet. I do recall seeing several rather large plastic bins stacked neatly in a corner... (Please - I am not throwing stones. I just about finished listing my stash to Ravelry and the list is up to 130! But I digress. Enough about me.) Surely you have something there in a Bulky weight that would be suitable for that gorgeous sculptural design from VK.

On the other hand, if you've used up vast quantities from the bins so that what's listed on Ravelry really is all you have on hand, and you still want to be faithful to your KFTS intention, then maybe you could make the pattern anyway by holding two strands of the DK-weight Quecha together...