Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Reality Check

Sometimes it's possible to love the yarn, be enjoying the knitting, love the feel of the knitted object, and......

dislike the results.

This is my Elizabeth Zimmerman Pi shawl. I am using a yarn that I have hoarded for several years because I love the colors so much that I didn't want it to be gone from my stash. I am making the pattern up as I go and loving the experience & how it is looking as a pattern, but now that the shawl is getting big enough to see the result....

Tie dye lace?????????

This was going to be a surprise 40th birthday gift, but I have a thing about not giving gifts that I don't particularly like (so no one should be holding their breath for the MS3 stole as a birthday gift--even if I ever finish the beaded-knitting-abyss), so I finally sent pictures of the shawl in progress as well as some other options to choose from. Admittedly, I might not be "thinking outside the box" enough on this one, but for what occasion would this shawl be even remotely appropriate?????

1 comment:

Jill said...

Have you tried folding the shawl in half as if to be worn and looking at it that way. It may be better than you think. - Happy Cinco de Mayo or other festive day???