Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 8 - Monogamy is getting to me

The back for the pink cardigan is almost done, the fronts are on the final decrease, I'm over halfway there on the knitting....and I'm getting bored. I don't think it's just a stockinette stitch problem, although that has never been known for its excitement factor. I generally flit between 4-5 (10-11) knitting projects at a time, and this one-project-at-a-time idea is getting to me. I was hoping to finish one knitting project a month, and in order to do that, "flitting" won't work. I may have to start promising myself a little lace fling after every 20 rows....

Fidelity is easier when sewing--the projects take less time, it's almost easier to finish than to pack up the project & put it away, and my wardrobe needs the help. In addition to the finished pajamas,

I just have the finishing hand sewing to do on this:

It's my first adventure with microsuede, which is sad since there are at least 25 yards of the stuff in the closet, and it was a little hard to work with. It's much harder to cut than most of my favorite fabrics, and some things are impossible with it--invisible hems, for one. I resorted to a hem using decorative stitching instead--and of course not getting to do all that lovely hand sewing just broke my heart....:)

Still, another 3 yards gone from the stash, although I don't really get to count it until it's officially "done." That "waiting for hand sewing" could become a VERY big pile otherwise....

3 comments:

Gammy aka Peggy said...

When it comes to knitting/sewing the "M" word should never be mentioned, not even whispered. However, I have been called a loose knitter, so there ya go.

Jill said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog -I definitely think you should try the mittens. They're probably the easiest and quickest I've knit.

Kathleen C. said...

Yeah, I'm a "flitter" too. I've never tried to focus on one project at a time... but I don't think I'd be very happy doing it. Too much like eating only one food ever. Even if it's chocolate... morning, noon and night? I'd start to dread it!
On the other hand... you're right that concentrating time on something will get it done. And if it needs to get done... then it's a good strategy!
I do like the pattern you've picked too.