Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day 26 - The Year of the Stash

I have finally found a way to finish the baby blankets from last weekend, and I prefer to look at it as exploring my options rather than getting my tail kicked by the serger. I resorted to decorative stitching

which I think looks rather nice. When I bought my sewing machine 2 years ago, I wasn't sure if I would use the decorative stitching capabilities, but I use them all the time. In a few more years, I might even be willing to admit what I paid for the machine....

The January sweater is almost done--as is January--and what have I done?????? Joined a lace knit-a-long. The good side is that when it is done I will have used up 2100 yards and 5 hanks of yarn. The bad side is that those 2000 yards really don't take up much room in the stash & when all 5 are gone the only thing I will have accomplished is that the rubber tub containing lace yarn will be LESS overflowing. What I need are a few KALs involving bulky-weight yarn--where is the Mystery Afghan when you need it?

Anyway, I have cast on the dem fischer sin fru:


My yarn is a little heavier than the yarn called for, but not by much. I had another yarn option, but being The Year of the Stash, the yarn that would use 5 hanks versus 4 skeins won out--how sad is that?????

1 comment:

Kathleen C. said...

Mystery Afghan? I love it! As soon as I finish the Lizard Ridge (another year or two) I'm in!
Heeheehee...

Seriously though...it's not a bad idea. But to design an afghan so that each section could be given in clues and you wouldn't know the whole until the last clue... That's some design challenge.
If someone could figure that out, I really would do it!