Sunday, November 4, 2007

Always a bad sign...

Last night I finished the body of the Elann.com shawl-back shrug, and have only the ribbing to knit, and out of the 8 balls of yarn the pattern asked for, I have about 1 and 3/4 balls left. This disturbs me, as that generally has meant I have missed something important in the pattern, such as, say, a sleeve. But, I have tried the shrug on, and it fits, and the 3/4 sleeves are on purpose, so maybe the ribbing is much more yarn-consuming than I am picturing....

Yesterday's WIP inventory count (which missed a few things, I admit) motivated me to finish something, so the fleece blanket for my new nephew is finished, complete with name & satin binding.


OK, it wasn't a difficult project, but at least it is something that is no longer "in progress." And might be a good reason to start something new....

No comments: